The Elypso card printer is great for use at the front desk for ID card printing, and takes up very little room. It is capable of printing near-photographic print quality resolution while taking up as much desk space as a stack of paper. Its modular nature allows single or dual sided-printing, magnetic stripe encoding, and contactless smart card encoding.
- Printing:Single-sided, Double-sided
- Encoding:Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
- Card lifespan:1-3 years
- Number of cards per year:Between 2,500 and 30,000
- Card security level:Standard
Elypso is ideal for instant issuance of:
- Payment cards
- Transit passes
- Loyalty cards / gift cards
- Healthcare cards
A modular and compact card printer
Configuration on demand
- Elypso printers are fully modular. Not only can Elypso print either single or dual sided cards, it can also be equipped with encoders for magnetic stripe and contact and contactless smart cards.
- The software architecture of Evolis Premium Suite® was designed to make Elypso fit seamlessly with your existing computer systems.
Professional print quality
- Elypso uses the same print engine as our Primacy printer, which offers photographic print quality (resolution 300 dpi).
- Optimal color rendering and edge-to-edge color or monochrome printing ensure professional quality cards.
- Very compact (barely bigger than a standard letter size sheet of paper) and quiet (48 decibels in operation), Elypso is discreet and has a small footprint.
- The cables and connectors are located at the rear to reduce cable clutter
Friendly and fast for the long term
Ease of use
- Elypso is so easy to use, you can start printing cards immediately. There’s no need to spend time and money on training.
- Thanks to Elypso’s unique front-loading design, insertion and retrieval of cards makes it easy to access even in tight spaces.
- With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- Evolis High Trust® printing ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
Less waiting time
- With Elypso, get a personalized dual sided color card in less than 30 seconds!
- Save time and impress your clients with fast card delivery, that will boost your organizations brand image.
- Elypso is designed with carefully selected materials, and our quality and compliance testingguarantee high reliability so you save on maintenance and/or repair costs.
- In addition, Elypso is upgradeable so you can manage your investment as your needs evolve.
- Single-sided or dual-sided printing module
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Color dye sublimation, monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 million colors
- 16 MB memory (RAM)
- Single side :
- Color (YMCKO): 20.2 s per card
- Monochrome: 6.5 s per card
- Dual side (YMCKO-K): 27.3 s per card
- Upgrade kit for dual-sided printing
- Reject tray: 30 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Wireless connection 802.11b/g
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smart card encoder – ISO 14443A, B,
- ISO15693, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB or IP ports
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on site
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0)
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- 802.11b/g wireless connection as an option
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications from the printer: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
Card management and specifications
- Manual feeder: card to card printing
- Card thickness: 0.50 to 1.25 mm (20 to 50 mil), no gauge adjustment, case by case for the 0.25 mm/10 mil plastic cards
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards
- Special varnished cards
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)