The Evolis Securion is a dual-sided ID card printer that’s able to personalize and laminate badges in a single pass. It produces high quality, personalized, and durable ID cards and security badges that are designed for heavy duty use.
- Printing:Single-sided, Double-sided
- Encoding:Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
- Card lifespan:+3 years
- Number of cards per year:More than 30,000
- Card security level:Very High
Securion is ideal for delivering secure cards:
- National ID cards
- Driver’s licenses
- Secure access control badges
- Health insurance cards
High level of security
- With its one-of-a-kind lamination station, Securion durably protects your secure cards. The printer applies any type of film over the entire surface of the card – from simple varnish to patch films with ultra-high security custom holograms – for premium protection of your cards. Your cards will last for years with virtually no wear and tear.
Printing on pc cards
- The Unichroma™ ribbon used with Securion makes it possible to use direct-to-card printing on polycarbonate (PC) cards.
- These extremely strong cards are used for sophisticated applications requiring a high level of security. The combination of a Securion printer and Unichroma™ ribbons offers an economical solution for issuing secure polycarbonate cards.
- Thanks to the centralized locking system that prevents access to consumables (ribbons, films, blank cards, rejected cards), password protection as well as a Kensington® security slot, your Securion card issuing system is safe and secure.
Productivity and performances
Multiple encoding options
- To meet your specific needs, Securion provides data encoding options for magnetic stripe, contact and contactless smart cards.
- These options can be combined and can be installed on site.
Professional print quality
- Securion comes with a high-performance dual-sided color printing module featuring 300 dpi resolution for outstanding graphics.
- Photos, texts and barcodes are dependably reproduced for quick visual identification.
- Securion is designed to issue secure cards individually or in large runs. In a single pass, your cards are encoded, printed and protected, which saves you valuable time!
- Color printing module and lamination station
- Single or dual sided printing and lamination
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Color dye sublimation, monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 million colors
- 16 MB of memory (RAM), to save two cards (dual-sided) to memory
- Laminating mode: heat transfer
- Varnish or patch film
- Dual-sided lamination
- Speed: 2 mm/s to 18 mm/s (0.08”/s to 0.71”/s)
- Temperature: 100° C to 180° C (212° F to 356° F)
Print and lamination speed
- Single-sided YMCK printing, single-sided lamination: 95 – 120 cards/hour
- Dual-sided YMCK-K printing, single-sided lamination: 85 – 105 cards/hourColor (YMCKO): 120 – 150 cards/hour
- Additional 100-card feeder
- USB encoding over IP through additional USB Net Server module
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smart card encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smart card encoder – ISO 14443A, B, ISO 15693, Mifare, DesFire, HID iCLASS
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Internal USB or IP ports
- Options can be combined
- Factory-installed or installed on site
- USB (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0)
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led)
- Locking system to secure access to blank cards, ribbons, films and defective cards
- Kensington® security lock
- Password protected
- Two-line LCD display and LED status indicators.
Card management and specifications
- Removable feeder capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Reject tray capacity: 15 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 1 mm (10 to 50 mil), lamination recommended from 0.76 mm (30 mil), not recommended below 0.50 mm (20 mil)
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- PVC composite cards
- Polycarbonate (PC) cards
- PET-F, PET-G cards
- ABS cards1
- Special varnished cards1
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm – 3.375” x 2.125”)
- Lamination on standard PVC cards recommended with 0.6 mil patch or varnish
Evolis High Trust® ribbons
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Ribbon saver for monochrome printing