The Evolis Zenius is best suited for single or small runs of single-sided cards in either color or monochrome. As well as printing, the Zenius is capable of encoding ID cards, meaning it is suited to print a wide range of card types. This modular ID card printer is able to be upgraded with multiple encoders.
- Encoding:Magnetic stripes, Smart contact, Smart contactless
- Card lifespan:1-3 years
- Number of cards per year:Between 500 and 2,500
- Card security level:High
Zenius is ideal for instant issuance of single sided cards:
- Employee badges
- Access control badges
- Membership cards
- Loyalty cards / gift cards
- Transit passes
Compact, easy to use and professional
- Zenius printers produce professional results thanks to the 300 dpi resolution and edge to edge printing. Your logos, photos, barcodes and text are rendered perfectly on your cards, conveying a positive image of your organization.
- Zenius packs all its advanced features into a very small footprint. Hardly larger than a standard sheet of paper, Zenius is also very quiet – 46 decibels in operation – and fits perfectly into any environment, be it the office or a customer service counter.
Ease of use
Zenius was designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
- You insert your cards individually or use the automatic feeder, and the final product is delivered on the front of the printer.
- With the Evolis Premium Suite® software you can receive notifications and easily control the printer from your computer.
- Evolis High Trust® ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
On demand printing
- Zenius was developed specifically for printing cards individually or in small runs. You can print as needed, when needed, in quantities that are right for you. Zenius can print a color card in 30 seconds and up to 150 color cards per hour, so you and your customers don’t have to wait.
A long term vision
- Zenius is incredibly flexible. Suitable for multiple applications, the «Expert» version of the printer features combinable encoding functions: magnetic encoding, contact and contactless chips. It takes just a few minutes to install these modules!
- Zenius printers undergo quality and compliance testing to guarantee their robustness and performance, so you can be sure that your investment will last. What’s more, Evolis offers an extended warranty option for extra peace of mind.
- Single-sided printing module
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Color dye sublimation, monochrome thermal transfer
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16MB memory (RAM)
- Color (YMCKO): 120 – 150 cards/hour
- Monochrome: 400 – 500 cards/hour
- Colors available: fire red & grey brown
- Expert version: Ethernet TCP-IP, encoding modules as options
Additional encoding modules
- Available modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder ISO 7811 / JIS2
- Smart contact station ISO 7816
- Smart encoding unit
- Contactless encoding unit
- Other encoders available upon request
- Internal USB connections
- Encoding options can be combined
- Factory ordered or upgraded on-site
- USB 1.1 (compatible 3.0)
- Ethernet TCP-IP 10BaseT, 100BaseT (Traffic Led) on the Expert version
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Printer LEDs
- Graphical notifications from the printer: cleaning alerts, empty/low level ribbon alert, etc.
Card management and specifications
- Choice of automated or manual feeding
- Feeder capacity: 50 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 20 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), gauge adjustment
- Card types:
- PVC cards
- Composite PVC cards
- PET cards
- ABS cards
- Special varnished cards
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)